An Afternoon In Ann Arbor By The Sidewalk : (Ann Arbor Michigan USA)
Food Tour Group
- Come on this cozy, short stroll and spend a fun afternoon By The Sidewalk.
- Meticulously paired food and drink tastings which include bread, tea, coffee, dessert and much more for a satisfying mid-day meal. Need we say more!
- Insider’s view into 6 local establishments
- Entertaining stories about Ann Arbor’s history and local food scene.
- Explore what used to be Ann Arbor’s red-light area which is bustling with amazing one-of-a-kind businesses today.
- Exciting surprises at each of the food tour stops await you
What to Expect?
- What is your definition of an afternoon spent well?
Going on a short/cozy stroll, exploring a neighborhood, learning about it’s fascinating history and stories, experiencing the local food scene, browsing the local eclectic one-of-a-kind shops. Get all of it and much more on An Afternoon in Ann Arbor By The Sidewalk Food Tour.
- On our guided tour of the Kerrytown district and Ann Arbor Downtown we visit 6 unique tasting locations. The food samples have been meticulously paired to create a satisfying mid-day meal.
- Tastings include local produce inspired Korean snacks, educational insights and tea tasting by a tea-sommelier led classic establishment, mead and ciders made with Michigan ingredients, coffee at our favorite corner in Ann Arbor, samplings at a Detroit based bakery which is now an Ann Arbor classic.
- On our stroll, we will be visiting one of a kind, local eclectic businesses. Vendor demonstrations, owner interactions, specialty tastings and a brief education on what makes them special will be integral to these experiences. You will leave with great insights and better appreciation for these artisans.
- Tastings and locations subject to change.
- Between tastings, we will be exploring what used to be the Red-Light District of Ann Arbor back in the day, which has seen drastic changes over the years and have made the area pedestrian-friendly and one-of the most sought-after destinations in Ann Arbor. Our knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides illuminate stories of historic significance of landmarks, best kept secrets in the town and personal anecdotes about how the area became an intriguing neighborhood it is today! They will also provide you with a lot of recommendations for activities you would love to do after the tour. It will be the most interesting stroll you would have taken in a while!
Who Should take this food tour?
- An Afternoon in Ann Arbor By The Sidewalk food tour is highly recommended during colder months. The short walk keeps you warm, cozy and mostly indoors.
- This tour is recommended for anyone looking to spend an afternoon exploring more about the area, Ann Arbor natives and tourists alike.
- This tour is designed around hi-tea meal and not conventional heavy meals.